You will find a lot of scenic destinations in India that offers peace and beauty. But you hardly see beauty like Kasol. A beautiful trekking destination in the Himachal Pradesh which offers great vistas of nature. Every backpacker or solo travelers dream place.
A solo or in the group, you will never ever forget the experience which Kasol gives you!!
Let’s talk about some facts and figures, Kasol is perched at an elevation of 1,640m in the Parvati Valley. It is only 37km from the Kullu district of Himachal. Kasol offers great views of the Parvati valley and snow-covered mountains. Kasol is accessible in all seasons which makes it different and beautiful. All seasons have their own charm and beauty.
Kasol is blessed with the serene beauty of the snow-capped mountains, lush greenery of meadows, dense forests of oak & deodars, rich variety of flora& fauna, splashing waterfalls, gushing streams, and a lot more. The place is also known as Mini Israel. A lot of people from out of India live here, like Israelis, Europeans. Kasol is famous for hippie culture and vibes. A lot of people visit Kasol every year from all across the world.
What ACTIVITIES you can do in Kasol
- Camping: The most amazing activity you can do in Kasol is Camping in the woods or on the riverside. Staying in the tents or camps under the clear blue skies or star-studded night is a lifetime experience.
- Exploring culture: The second best and great thing you can do n Kasol is exploring the nearby villages like Chalal, Malana, Tosh, Barshaini, etc. and get interactive with the village people. You will learn a lot about the place and about the lifestyle.
- Food: Enjoy the delicacies of Israeli food and other cuisines like German, Italian. You can find some Dhabas that offer north Indian food.
- Partying: Kasol is famous for Psy & rave parties. Enjoy the music festivals and dance on the beats of international DJs. Drugs like hashish or cannabis are very common in Kasol. You will spot a large no. of foreigners during the festival time.
- Shopping: Buy some good hippie sweatshirts or chillums from the Kasol market. You will find attractive things like bags, stone pendants, souvenirs, etc.
Best season and time to visit Kasol.
Kasol is round a year tourist destination that means it is accessible in all seasons and you will easily get a crowd there. In winter, the crowd becomes a little less than summers. Kasol is amazing in winters with lots of snow everywhere. The temperature ranges from 15 to 22 degrees. And you love chilly winds and cold nights then do visit in winter.
In summers, watch the lush green sceneries of nature, with the splashing rivers and waterfalls, Kasol is the perfect place to escape the heat and chillax. You will see a huge crowd of tourists this season. The temperature ranges from 18 to 27 degrees.
In springtime and after monsoon, see the beauty of sprawling and bloom meadows, scenic landscapes, and lush greenery of the valley. The weather remains pleasant and calm.
A trek to Kheerganga is must a do activity if you are in Kasol. Kheerganga is perched at an elevation of 3,692m and it is located at the end of Parvati Valley. Get ready to feast your charming waterfalls and scenic vistas of the Parvati valley. Kheerganga is the abode of Lord Shiva and his son Kartikeya. Kheerganga is famous for its hot springs. By reaching the top you will see a small temple of Lord Shiva and the hot water pond “Parvati Kund”. Take a dip into the hot water and release all your trek fatigue. Locals believe that the water in the pond has some sacred healing property in it.
You can also choose trekking to Tosh, Malana and Chalal village which are very near to Kasol. If you have more couple of days then you can go for Sar Pass trek in the Pin Parvati Valley. It is a mountain pass perched at an elevation of 4,206m along with the Sar Lake. A great place for adventure and nature lovers.
Kasol is a beautiful and amazing place that will leave you awestruck and you will take a bag full of memories. The nearby trekking destinations will make your Kasol trip a memorable and exciting one. The tranquil surroundings will make you stay longer and nature has a lot to offer!
Note: keep the surroundings clean and green. Do not litter. Follow the leave no trace policy wherever you travel in this big world. Respect nature!!
Plan your next Kasol trip and explore the paradise of beauty & culture.
Live. Travel. Explore!